Folder sort order inconsistent between Mac and iOS

Options
semblance
semblance
Community Member

Another small bug — if I name a 1Password folder starting with a ~ sign (e.g. ~folder), then on iOS it appears above all the other folders, whereas on the Mac it appears below them.

I haven't tested to see how other symbols behave, or whether items within folders behave the same way — but anyway it's inconsistent.

Personally I prefer the iOS behaviour, because it's the same as the OS X Finder.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

On the Mac have you tried 1P > Preferences > Advanced and then under Sorting checking Numbers and symbols are sorted first?

Stephen

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Yes — but sadly it doesn't affect folders, only items within folders.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, I'm so sorry!

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @semblance‌ On your behalf I've made a note of your issue.

ref: OPM-1303

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks @littlebobbytables‌.

• ededagic
    ededagic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

i have a similar problem. Im syncing between two macs and iphone 6+. Sorting the folders (hierarchical) at one mac do mostly destroy the hierarchy on the other and vice versa. on is i can see the folders but they do not have any content at all. Any idea ?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ededagic‌ Could you expand a little more on what actions result in the hierarchy being destroyed on the second mac after syncing please.

As for the issue of empty folders on your iPhone that is a known bug that is being worked on. There is a workaround for the moment though which I've yet to hear results in failure. The key point is don't worry, it's a UI bug, your data is there.

I actually solved my problem and maybe this will help others until the bug gets fixed. So, the folders did appear in the iPhone app, just empty. Also I could not add items to the folders. HOWEVER I was able to add a new folder inside one of the folders. As soon as I did that, all of the data magically appeared inside the folders! And I can now also manage those folders.

It was actually another user that discovered that workaround so props to Derek Megyesi for sharing their solution with the forums.

• ededagic
    ededagic
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, somehow its working now. So everything okay. Looking foward the 1password update for ios.

Thank you

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ededagic‌

I'm glad the issue has resolved itself :smile:

This discussion has been closed.