Feature Request: Pronounceable recipe but with symbol and number?

Options
mkleehammer
mkleehammer
Community Member

I like the ease of use of a pronounceable password if I'll need to type it (as opposed to copy or autofill), but I usually need to edit it to add at least one symbol and number since a lot of systems require it.

It would be nice if there was one more recipe choice like 'Mixed' that used hyphens to break it up but used upper, lower, and a sprinkling of number and symbol.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mkleehammer‌

I'm glad to hear that you like our pronounceable password generator. Thanks for letting us know that you're interested in seeing a few more options here. :)

• SoCalMtnBiker
    SoCalMtnBiker
    Community Member
    Options

I second this and would go one step further and even for the password with non ascii characters have a number. In other works, letters, non characters and numbers. The current letters and non-characters (I know that's not the name) doesn't have a numbers option and many sites require a number.

An example. This 1P generated password is OK except no numbers. ear/A%Twed]go$

Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @SoCalMtnBiker‌

Thanks so much for adding your thoughts!

ref: OPM-1378

• mvandorp
    mvandorp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I also like the pronounceable password generator, but the pronounceable password generator is not available on iOs. Please make the same generator settings possible through all product versions so it's possible to create the same kind of passwords over all platforms.

• @mvandorp‌ : yes, that'd certainly be nice. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.