Mac not syncing to iCloud

Options
rsstorey
rsstorey
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Both Mac and iPad will sync to iCloud but iPhone will not. It appears to sync but no data is received. I change the sync method and was asked to remove data which I did. I basically started fresh and reset up 1PW on iPhone and with I select sync iCloud it appears to sync but no data is received. I've read other topics on this subject and do not believe that it has anything to do with Apple's iCloud since both iPad and Mac have no issues. I have sent a diagnostic report.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rsstorey‌,

Your iPhone is using iOS 7, right?

I can't find the diagnostic report, did you send it from the same email address listed in your forum account or a different one? If different, can you send me a private message with the address or the Ticket ID, so that I can look at it.

Thanks!

• OldDen
    OldDen
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Where do I find a diagnostic report and how do I send it please?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

See this knowledge base article for how to generate and send a diagnostic report.

Stephen

• OldDen
    OldDen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen. I have an iMac, 2 iPads, a Macbook Pro and an iPhone 5c. It's only recently that I've been having sync problems. I have now changed everything to sync using Dropbox which has worked straight away and updated correctly. So I will give up on iCloud on the basis that if it ain't broke don't fix it!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @OldDen,

I'm so glad to hear that Dropbox sync is behaving properly for you! Because Apple has made some major changes to iCloud for iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite, syncing via iCloud is a bit complicated until OS X 10.10 is released in the (hopefully) near future.

I would recommend staying with what's fixed at least until you're running Yosemite on your Macs. Then if you would like to revisit iCloud sync, we'd be happy to help! :)

• OldDen
    OldDen
    Community Member
    Options

I have now upgraded to Yosemite on both iMac and Macbook Pro and installed V5 from the App Store on my iMac and used the "purchased" tab to install V5 on my Macbook. My iMac is syncing OK with iCloud but not my Macbook. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but with no luck. Any suggestions please? iPad and iPhone also syncing happily with iCloud.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @OldDen‌

There is a bug with Yosemite whereby it can (and often will) get confused and not run the the copy of 1Password that you think you asked it to. Nice eh?

I think that's what you're being bitten by if I had to guess based on the details above. What you want is a single copy of 1Password.app in your Applications folder and any copy of 1Password 4.app or 1Password 5.app to be dragged to your Trash. If it is it may be worth rebooting your Mac too at this stage.

Now if that isn't the case, and the MAS version is definitely the one being launched (you can confirm this by checking 1Password > About 1Password. If it says Mac App Store it's the right one). The it might be worth checking the steps for iCloud sync and double checking that this copy if 1Password is trying to sync via iCloud and that you have iCloud Drive enabled. This guide may be a reasonable place to start to see if it all looks good.

If you're still having no joy please do report back here and we'll continue the troubleshooting process.

This discussion has been closed.