Date Field & Sync Issue

Options
madhan
madhan
Community Member
edited November 2014 in iOS

I am using IOS version of 1password app. I could see some issues, 1)when updaing the Date field. suppose if i want to update my DOB to '17/05/1990' but it is taking as '16/05/1990' after i saved. 2) Another issue is, i was synching my app with icloud, then i changed to Dropbox for sometime. but then again i changed back to iCloud. Then i could see some of the login items were missing website name which i have saved earlier.

please advise.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @madhan‌

1 is a known issue that our developers are investigating.

2 Could you please try restarting the device and see if that helps?

Thanks.

• ScottSL
    ScottSL
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I just wanted to emphasis how serious this bug is. I recently booked flights using incorrect dates for the expiry of passports for my family due to this bug (one day early). Now when I get to immigration the dates in the booking will not match those in the physical passports we show the agent... do you think they'll let us fly .... no, I don't know either!

In my case the dates changed themselves sometime in the last year or so - no change of timezone except daylight savings time starting. I accept all app updates except betas and I sync via iCloud to iOS 8.x. Thanks - please fix this one soon!

Meanwhile, should I manually check all the dates on the 68 items I have with dates and correct them? Or will the fix, when it comes, revert them to the correct date?

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @ScottSL,

I do apologize about that. We are aware of how serious this is, it's one of our critical bugs, and we are working on it as we speak.

Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe or more information I can share right now. I'll follow up as soon as I know more.

• apoltix
    apoltix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I understand this issue is being fixed. I also noticed this issue a while when I had to fill out passport details for a flight, and I almost entered the wrong dates. Fortunately I noticed the incorrect date, so no damage was done.

A tip I would give to others: I've started to take pictures of my various IDs and saved them as attachments in 1Password. This way I can always verify the data and copy/paste the text once verified. That said, of course the saved data should always correspond to what was entered.

• Thanks @apoltix‌, that is a good tip!

This discussion has been closed.