Trial period ended, what to upgrade to?

Options
LoRezSkyline
LoRezSkyline
Community Member

I'm using a Macbook that's several years old running Mac OS X 10.6.8. Yes, outdated, I know - but I've not upgraded the OS as it will cause some of my other programs to stop working and this Mac's not exactly up to running the latest and greatest! I had 1 Password 3.8.22 working great, and apparently my "trial period" ended tonight and it's now limiting me to only 20 items/accounts saved.

I don't mind paying for the real deal as I've greatly benefited from it thus far - but my issue is this: when I click on the link to go to the page to DL the paid version, it only gives me the option to purchase 1Password 5 which has listed OS X Yosemite under system requirements. How can I pay to use a version that will work with this, an older OS? I don't really want to upgrade to Yosemite, but I'd like to continue using 1Password with more than 20 accounts - thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @‌LoRezSkyline,

I'm so glad to hear that you've been benefitting from 1Password! That's awesome. And there's nothing wrong with using an older OS ... sometimes it's just necessary. I'd be more than happy to get you set up with a license.

Now, we only offer one version of 1Password in our store at a time, to avoid overwhelming users with options, so what I'd like you to do is head on over to our store and purchase a license for 1Password 5. Your email confirming your license details will include a license key that will work for 1Password 3! And the bonus is that, when you do decide to upgrade your operating system, you'll also have a license for the latest and greatest version of 1Password to match your shiny new operating system!

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

• LoRezSkyline
    LoRezSkyline
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks Megan! Would not have known that without your post and was hesitant to buy otherwise. I just purchased and installed on the older version now, seems to be working fine - glad to hear it will also cover an upgrade in the future.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LoRezSkyline‌ On behalf of Megan I'm glad to hear you're up and running once more :smile:

This discussion has been closed.