TouchID issues with iOS app 5.1.2

Options
mrcrlee
mrcrlee
Community Member

I have noticed, more than once, that when launching the app (I can't recall if it's running in background already or being freshly loaded every time when it occurs), I am prompted correctly for my TouchID but instead of accepting it and going into the app, the TouchID prompt disappears as if it accepted my fingerprint, but the modal shaded layover will remain and effectively locks the phone. Pushing the home button will not close the app.

I have to push the on/off switch of the iPhone 6+, come back into the phone and then I can use 1Password. I'm running iOS 8.1 (12B411)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mrcrlee‌

Have you tried restarting the device since this problem began occurring?

• mrcrlee
    mrcrlee
    Community Member
    Options

I have not in hopes of capturing the circumstances of reproducing the problem. Other apps have not been hanging like 1Password.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Unfortunately this is a known bug. Since the iOS 8.1 update it happens less frequently to our users and it only happens if you have the finger already on the TouchID sensor before being asked to authenticate. We have filed a bug with Apple but are also investigating on our end to find a solution.

The workaround you mentioned of pushing the power button and unlocking the phone again is what we recommend for now.

• mrcrlee
    mrcrlee
    Community Member
    Options

Alright, thanks. If you feel having the log of where it happened again would be helpful, please let me know as I have it from where it just happened.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.