During upgrade, 1Password found an old keychain - how to recover passwords?

Options
IB Browning
IB Browning
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

After using 1Password for years, you guys cheerfully and professionally refunded our new upgrade fee after we found out your website new version would np longer sync iCloud, but the App Store version for the same price would. You didn't even mention the existence of the 2 versions in your upgrade communications. So we took the refunded fee and purchased from the App store... to find out that your website version had synced from an ancient dropbox backup and the App store version then immediately overwrote the recent iCloud sync. Over a year of password updates gone. Good job!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IB Browning

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble migrating from the webstore version of 1Password to the Mac App Store version. I'd be happy to help you get straightened out here. It sounds to me like your best option here is restoring from a backup.

The most efficient way to get the details on your available backups is by taking a look at a Diagnostics Report.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.