1P5 needs (invisible) window title [Witch]

Options
lloydde
lloydde
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

1P5 lost the (invisible) window title that 1P4 had. Currently, 1Password does not work as expected with window managers like manytricks.com/witch/ .

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @lloydde,

Do you mean like this: 1Password < [nothing here] instead of 1Password < 1Password?

I installed Witch on Yosemite and 1Password does show up fine on the list but there's no title on the right side. It does switch to 1Password when you select 1Password, so it seems to work fine.

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Actually, Witch does NOT work fine for me. It does display 1PW5, but it sorts to the bottom with an arrow rather than a name. However, that effects Witch's switching between apps/windows when 1pw is involved. One option in Witch is to sort the windows by "last used" and have the ability to repeatedly press the activation key (option-Tab in my case) to toggle back and forth between the last two accessed apps/windows - sort of like a Previous key. It doesn't work with 1PW because 1PW never comes to the top of Witch's sort list without a window name.

Further, if I open 1PW's preferences window (which does have a name) along with 1pw's main window, Witch works properly with the Preferences window; however, with the Preferences window open there's no way to switch back to the main window because Witch thinks the named Preferences window is the only 1pw window open.

Give Witch a little more testing and let us know if you are seeing these same issues.

Rick

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this bug to us :+1:

We found it and fixed it. YAY!

Please stay tunes for upcoming betas :smiley:

Cheers!

Rad

ref: OPM-2529

• ChrisJenkins
    ChrisJenkins
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys, any idea which version of 1Password5 for Mac will include this fix? I'm running 5.0.2 (App Store) with the latest version of Witch and I still see the problem that 1Password does not show up in the Witch window list...

Thanks, Chris

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ChrisJenkins‌

I believe 5.0.2 would have been submitted to Apple even prior to the initial report so I'd say it's not surprising you're still experiencing the issue even with this version. We don't supply timelines I'm afraid but I wouldn't be surprised if the fix is in the next version. Sorry I can't give you anything more concrete than that.

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

It's fixed in the version 5.1 betas, which you can obtain if you are running the Agilebits Webstore version rather than the MAS version.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @oshloel‌

Thanks for confirming the fix! I'm glad it's working for you, we'll do what we can to get this version out to stable for everyone soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.