Currently 1Password 3.8.22 for Mac trying to upgrade to 5.0.2

Options
Spankydc9
Spankydc9
Community Member

I am running Yosemite 10.10 on a MacBook Pro mid 2009. I regularly use Safari 8.0, Firefox 33.1, and Chrome 39.0.2171.52 beta (64-bit). I sync using Dropbox 2.10.41. Safari lost it's extension well before I upgraded to Yosemite but both Firefox and Chrome have worked well except they stopped syncing a few days after updating to Yosemite. I downloaded 5.0.2 but before installing went through this procedure:

If you are upgrading to the newest version of 1Password straight from 1Password 3, be sure to remove the old version (3.x) of the browser extension. (There is no need to do this if you are upgrading from 1Password 4.)

Caution: Before uninstalling the 3.x extension from your web browser, make sure all your 1Password items have been synced back to the main app; otherwise, you could lose some or all of those items! The sync process is automatic, so there’s no button to click or progress bar to observe. Instead, please follow the instructions in this section.

To make sure 1Password has all your data:
Launch 1Password 3.
Important: You can’t use 1Password 4 with the 3.x extensions.
In 1Password 3, press ⌘Q to quit the app.
In your web browser, manually save a new login.
The web site doesn’t matter—any login page will do. The username and password don’t have to be real, either, since you’re not actually submitting the login form. Give the login a recognisable name, something like “1Password 3 is up to date!”
In 1Password 3, verify that the Login you just saved in your web browser is there in the main app.
Quit 1Password 3, and uninstall the 3.x browser extension by following the appropriate set of instructions below.

After completing the procedure 1Password 3 did not have the new changes I made so I haven't deleted the extensions nor tried to update to 5.0.2. Also for quite some time even before I upgraded to Yosemite, in Firefox I have 2 extension emblems. 1 is a "1P" and the other is a key. They both show they are version 3.9.20.

Comments

• Spankydc9
    Spankydc9
    Community Member
    Options
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Spankydc9‌,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! We'll need to take a closer look at your system in order to help you out here.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Spankydc9
    Spankydc9
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Unfortunately the link you provided does not provide instructions for 1Password 3 on OS 10.10. My choices are 10.7 or 10.8 & 10.6 or 10.9.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Spankydc9‌

My apologies, I forgot that we hadn't yet updated our page there. The instructions for 10.9 should work for you - please let me know if they don't!

• Spankydc9
    Spankydc9
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thank you.

• Spankydc9
    Spankydc9
    Community Member
    Options

Ok Megan I just emailed you the info. Thanks again in advance!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2014
    Options

@Spankydc9‌

I'm having trouble finding your report. Can you please DM me a message with the email address you used to send it? Thanks!

Edit: Found it! Thanks.

ref: NAM-45588-218

• Spankydc9
    Spankydc9
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for all your help. I am now up and running with 1Password 5. May I now delete 1Password 3 from my apps in my MacBookPro?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Spankydc9‌

I'm so glad that you're up and running - that's great to hear! Once all your data is safe and sound in 1Password 5, you can indeed remove 1Password 3 from your /Applications folder, although I do recommend that you do so only by dragging the app into the Trash. 1Password 3 has saved up a nice collection of backups for you, and it would be best to leave those be until version 5 has had a chance to create a comparable database... just in case. So please don't use any app cleaning programs to remove 1Password. :)

I hope this gets you all sorted, but if you have further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.