Auto selecting from drop-down menu for Logins

Options
vicjang
vicjang
Community Member

When using 1Password for Mac with Chrome extension to auto-fill logins, 1Password doesn't seem to be able to correctly select from a drop down menu.
(When auto-filling credit card info, 1Password has no problem selecting month/year for expiration date, of course.)

The page I am having trouble with is the AAA insurance payment page.

Here's a screenshot for it

Here's the web form details in my 1Password app.

I checked the page source and the form name is correct.
I am not sure if a drop-down menu is seen as a "text" item though.

Please help me correct the login if it is feasible in the current app.
Thank you.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vicjang,

Sorry you're having trouble getting 1Password to make a drop-down menu selection on that page. Since I don't have a AAA Insurance account I can't directly access it here to test. Can you save and email the page source to support+forum@agilebits.com so our filling gurus can take a look at it? Before sending, please make sure the text doesn't include any personal information. Also include a link to this topic and your forum username in that email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. We'll let you know if there's something you can do to get it working or if there's a bug to be fixed on our end. Thanks!

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same situation with Discover. I have to select an account type - credit card, banking, home loan, etc. Solution was rather simple. I configured the login script for "Never submit." When I log into Discover, 1Password fills in the username and password fields and then just sits there. I select "Banking" myself and I click the login button.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @Plato,

Thanks for reporting this similar problem with Discover; sorry it's not working for you. I've reproduced it here and filed a bug, which also includes what @vicjang reported earlier for the AAA insurance payment page (and I'll add its page source later, if sent).

ref: OPX-676

• vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

I've sent the page source. Thanks for your help!

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌

It would be kinda neat if the selection is automated but if not, it's no big deal. A mouse click won't kill me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vicjang‌

We've received your email, many thanks. Just as a curiosity, if you were to edit the web form details for this login and replace where it says "Home/Condo Insurance" with just the letter "H", does the behaviour change at all when you submit?

ref: IYQ-31456-958

• vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables‌,
    That is actually what 1Password did in the first place. I forgot to mention in the original post that I changed it from H to the complete name.

Neither names worked. I forgot whether they were exact same behavior, but neither selected the item successfully.

Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know @vicjang‌. It was just a thought as I noticed it was using H as a key. Hopefully our brilliant devs can figure out why the page hates us so much.

This discussion has been closed.