Running two Versions

Options
Terence52
Terence52
Community Member

I am running Yosemite on my Mac and now I get the following message:

The system launched an incorrect version of 1Password mini.

Instead of '/Applications/1Password.localized/1Password.app/Contents/LoginItems' it started '/Volumes/CC Cloner BU/_CCC SafetyNet/2014-10-27 (October 27) 08-35-11/Applications/1Password.localized/1Password.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems'.

It looks like 1Password is looking for the file in my Carboncopy Cloner back up. How do I stop this happening? I cannot get into 1Password now after I insert my password!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Terence52‌

Sadly this is a known bug with Yosemite. The only way to guarantee that the correct copy of 1Password will launch is to remove all other copies. Now removing it from Spotlight (if it isn't already) may be enough but you may find you have to delete this additional copy of 1Password altogether. It's purely a Yosemite bug and I believe our developers do have a ticket with Apple regarding this. Sorry it isn't a better answer at the moment but removing the other copies will resume normal 1Password functionality.

• Terence52
    Terence52
    Community Member
    Options

I have deleted the older version and it in trash. Do I need to empty the trash as well?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Terence52‌ It certainly wouldn't hurt unless you have several files in there you'd rather not see destroyed just yet. Yosemite shouldn't be looking in the Trash but then we were kind of surprised upon discovering you couldn't guarantee which copy launched.

• Terence52
    Terence52
    Community Member
    Options

I have now emptied my thrash so there is only 1 version on my Mac. At an earlier attempt to solve this problem I was told to delete this file: <2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper>. This is on my desktop as I am always worried about deleting files from deep in my computer. The problem still persists as I am still getting the "only have one version" warning when I click on the 1Password icon. Also, I am able to sometimes open the application but at other times it will not let me in. Help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Terence52‌

Lets do a diagnostic report and see if we can get to the bottom of this. I don't know the situation behind being told to delete that folder but I'm glad you just moved it to your desktop.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.