1password gone from iPad and in neverending update in App Store

Options
arghelpme
arghelpme
Community Member

The 1password app disappeared from my iPad (OS8) and when I go to the App Store to reload it I cannot because it is in the Update part of the App Store and it has a neverending update. I can't delete it because it seems to be gone and I can't download it because it seems to be updating. All other apps are downloading and updating normally. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arghelpme‌

sorry for the problems you are running into installing 1Password on your iPad. When you search on the iPad (not the app store) for the 1Password app do you find it? Also did you already try restarting the iPad?

• arghelpme
    arghelpme
    Community Member
    Options

When I search on the ipad (not the store) the app does not show up. When I search in the app store it shows up with a grayed out "open" box next to it and in my updates portion of the app store it is at the top of the list as a pending update. I've restarted about 5 times now in hopes that would magically fix it.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @arghelpme‌

Do you have restrictions enabled on your device?

• arghelpme
    arghelpme
    Community Member
    Options

Yes

• arghelpme
    arghelpme
    Community Member
    Options

I just disabled restrictions and that fixed the problem. I was able to udpate in the app store and the app re-appeared on my iPad and seems fine. I had allowed "background app refresh" in the "restrictions" and all the other apps were updating fine. I'm going to turn restrictions back on and see what happens. Hopefully the problem is now solved.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.