Feature Request: Option to make Secure Notes 'Always Locked' to force password challenge

Options
simon2239
simon2239
Community Member

Hi,
I'm migrating from Dashlane. One feature missing from 1password but present in Dashlane is ability to set Secure Notes to remain locked, even when main vault has been unlocked. Means if your 1password vault is unlocked, someone can't come along and quickly click a secure note and view it - you need to re-enter the master password at that point. Allows for more security to data in secure notes. I believe there should also be a password challenge at the point of attempting to copy or view a password or use the credit card data - or at least the option to set this level of security.
Thanks!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Speaking purely personally I would not want the hassle of entering my master password more than once in order to view any of my 1P data. I rely on the settings in 1P > Preferences > Security Auto-lock. But, then again, I don't leave my computer around for people to come along to tamper with it!

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @simon2239,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here! Security software is always a balance between security and convenience, and one of the challenges there is making it user-friendly and simple to understand while still being as secure as possible. I worry that it would get really confusing if we started to say "your Master Password unlocks some of your data ... if you'd like to see more, please enter it again!" Personally, when I unlock 1Password, I want to be able to see all of my data.

I would suggest looking into the Security Preferences, as @Stephen_C suggested. If you're at your computer in a more public place, ⌘⌥⌃L ( Command-Option-Control-L ) will instantly lock 1Password so you can walk away without worry. Many users have also set 1Password to lock when the screensaver is activated, and then take advantage of OS's hot corner feature to engage the screensaver whenever they step away from their desk. 1Password has flexible options to ensure that you can secure your data easily.

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.