I have 1password4 and 5 on my old MBP. How do I remove version 4?

Options
Gerald50
Gerald50
Community Member

Somehow, I've ended up with two versions. I tried dragging v4 to trash but it doesn't work. I have 1password 5 on another mac laptop and also on my mobile and iPad. I'm not sure if I am properly syncing between all 4 devices.

Comments

• Gerald50
    Gerald50
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot to say that I am syncing through Dropbox.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gerald50,

You said that dragging the 1Password 4 app to the Trash didn't work. Can you elaborate on that? What didn't work, exactly? Were you not allowed to drag it to the Trash? Once you moved it to the Trash, are you still seeing both versions of 1Password somewhere on your Mac? Is version 5 working correctly?

Thanks!

• Gerald50
    Gerald50
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am working away from home and the problem is with my older MBP. Dragging the icon from Applications to Trash didn't work. Nothing happened. I still have both v4 and v5 in my apps folder. On my new MBP I have v5 and only see the one 1Password.agilekeychain in my Dropbox folder. I haven't narrowed it down yet but I think I am not syncing between the two machines. When I get back this week I will investigate more. I had hoped I could just trash the older v4 and all would be ok but that is the problem to overcome.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gerald50‌

Can you confirm something for me please when you get a chance. When you say you're dragging the icon from Applications, are you doing this from within a Finder window?

That's the icon you want, you want to go to Applications, probably accessible in your sidebar through a Finder window.

The reason I'm stressing this is I have an Applications folder shortcut in my Dock. It looks like this for me

and I find that if you try to drag an application from there to your Trash it won't work - it has to be from a Finder window.

Apologies if you're now looking oddly at your screen and thinking "I'm not an idiot - jeeze!" I just wanted to make sure. Icons on the Dock behave in one way, the Applications shortcut folder in my Dock another and finally the Finder window a third way.

The syncing is another issue but best if we sort them out one at a time.

This discussion has been closed.