Reinstall Mac OS! Lost 1Password!! Help

Options
stpham621
stpham621
Community Member

Yesterday, i reinstall Mac OS and i was erase all data. When i reinstall 1Password, i can't login again 1Password. I only try use 1Password for two day and i don't have license. Now i was lost all password of all internet account of me, how can i do now for get it back?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stpham621‌

Before you wiped your hard drive did you copy your user profile anywhere?
    Before you wiped your hard drive did you set up 1Password to synchronise at all, so to iCloud, Dropbox, Folder Sync with say Google Drive or to an iOS device using the Wi-Fi sync?

If the answer to either question is yes then you might be okay. If the answer is no then I'm really sorry to say that it sounds like your erased the only copy of your vault.

Please let us know and we'll do what we can. What 1Password doesn't do is keep a copy of your vault with us or anywhere unless you set it to sync. It's one of the features our customers want - control over who has your data.

• stpham621
    stpham621
    Community Member
    Options

unfortunately, i don't backup any thing. i only backup "Documents", "Downloads", and "Desktop Folder". It's seem i was lost copy of my vault, how can i do now?, recovery hdd for get it back?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stpham621‌

Sadly it seems that way. I am sorry.

As you were running a trial I can infer you were running the web store version of 1Password for Mac. What I can tell you is the location of your vault was:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4

If you can recover that location you might be able to salvage your vault but that would be up to the capabilities of whatever HDD recovery approach you used. It doesn't look good though :disappointed:

• stpham621
    stpham621
    Community Member
    Options

I was reset my password complete. I'm done here. Tks

• On behalf of littlebobbytables‌, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.