Software no longer operable, and error message says more than one copy may be installed

Options
ssucsy
ssucsy
Community Member

I keep getting the error message: "The system launched an incorrect version of 1Password Mini. Instead of '/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/LoginItems' it started '~/Downloads/1Password5.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems'. Please make sure you have only one copy of 1 Password on your Mac." I am also now getting messages that my trial version has expired, but I am certain that I have purchased this software. I could use some help, as I am now unable to use the software.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is a Yosemite problem. Yosemite gets into a muddle if you have more than one copy of 1P installed on your machine—or on any disk that is attached to it. You need to find the second copy (including in the trash) and delete it. It appears from what you say that you have a copy in your Downloads folder. Delete that, empty the trash, reboot and you should be fine. (It's worth checking first that you also have a copy in your Applications folder, where it should be.)

That may dispose of the trial version error but if it doesn't please see this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• ssucsy
    ssucsy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Stephen. It looks like things are up and running again!

• That's great to hear, @ssucsy. If you run into any other issues, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.