Using Safari

Options
KeithB
KeithB
Community Member

I have been using 1password for a couple of weeks. Safari happens to be the browser I am switching to. I want to know if 1Pass will ever be set up to be the same in windows, IOS, Mac and so on. I think the way 1Pass currently is set, is a pain in the behind. I really like the concept of all it can do, but would be light years ahead if all were the same operation. Safari needs to be automatic login. Go to a bookmark in Safari tap and it logs you in with password and all. The 1password program just seems so unfinished! I think if it is not going to be brought up to date. I need to go back to what I was using. Please let me know.

Thank you
Keith

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

There have been many requests for automatic login to web sites when they are visited, and AgileBits folks have said they might offer that ability in the future. However, requiring the user to cause the fill-and-submit is a choice they made in the name of security. If someone gains access to your device, they would also have automatic access to all of your logins if 1Password submitted credentials without the user needing to take some action to initiate it. I'm content with that security decision.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @hawkmoth‌

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the comment, makes sense thank you very much. I think I might just stick around for a while.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KeithB,

We'd be thrilled if you stuck around! If you have any other questions or concerns, please do let us know, we're here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.