Missing Purchase and License from App Store.

Options
Annipolitan
Annipolitan
Community Member

Hello,

I purchased 1Password 5 from the Apple App Store as soon as it became available, and have been using it on my desktop iMac with no problems. (I've been using 1Password 2, 3 and 4, purchased from AgileBits, for a few years now.)

However, last night I received a notice on my MacBook Pro that my "free trial" had run out. (?) When I checked my purchases at the App Store there was no listing for my purchase of 1Password 5. I'm extremely confused. 1Password 5 on my iMac is not a "trial" version.

Please help.

Comments

• josepiedaly
    josepiedaly
    Community Member
    Options

Very same issue for me. Hope they fix this soon.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

When you visit this page, logged into the same Apple ID that you originally purchased 1Password using, do you see a download button or a price tag?

If you see a price tag then either you are logged into the wrong Apple ID, you haven't purchased from the Mac App Store, or there is a problem with your iTunes purchase history [which Apple would need to help you resolve].

Please let us know.

Thanks!

• haunted59
    haunted59
    Community Member
    Options

This is clear as mud. A couple of days ago, I downloaded an update for Yosemite. Then all of a sudden I got this dreaded "free trial is up" message. The only thing I can find is a purchase of iOS 1Password back in 2012. I have been using 1Password on my Mac, iPad, and iPhones since that time. My email address that coincides with my Apple ID yields nothing from your form for a license. When I click on the "About 1Password" that's on my computer, I get this:
    1Password 5
    Version 5.0.2 (502007)
    Agile Web Store

I honestly don't understand how I've been using this for about 2 years and have a free trial expire? So, do I need to buy the Mac version? For two years I thought I had purchased what I needed to use this. I just don't understand this situation. As of now, 1Password is working on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.

If I need to buy something I will, but I thought I already had since I've been using this for so long. Please help.

• Ben
    Options

Unless you have a receipt for it, you probably haven't purchased it. 1Password for iOS does not include 1Password for Mac (nor vice versa). 1Password 4 for Mac was not very vocal at all about unlicensed status, so it was entirely possible to use it for quite some time without being nagged. We've fixed that in v5.

Thanks.

• haunted59
    haunted59
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, then with all the hubbub about Mac Store vs. buying it directly from you, it seems like buying it from you is the better choice. Is that fair to say? So then when I buy the Mac version, will all the passwords currently stored on my Mac transfer to it?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @haunted59‌

The one real difference for most people between the two versions (MAS or web store) is iCloud sync. As of Yosemite Apple are limiting access to the iCloud frameworks (such as CloudKit) to applications sold via their store. If iCloud sync is important to you then you would want to purchase 1Password from Apple's Mac App Store. If syncing via Dropbox or Wi-Fi is your preferred choice then you are free to purchase it from either store.

One advantage to our store for you would probably be the zero interruption to your setup. As you're running the web store version already all you would be doing is purchasing a licence from us, download the licence file from the link supplied in the email and then the copy you're currently running is licensed - nothing else needing done.

Does that help clarify your choices?

• haunted59
    haunted59
    Community Member
    Options

It does, and I'm very thankful to you for answering all my questions so quickly. Knowing people from a company are listening and available to help is a huge plus. Not too used to that within the Apple framework. I don't use the iCloud to sync, so I'll just purchase it directly from you folks. Then I guess I should be good to go on all my devices.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@haunted59‌ We do try :smile: and I'm glad we were able to help you figure it all out.

This discussion has been closed.