Can't see attachments in 1Password

Options
wilsonng
wilsonng
Community Member

I have 1Password synced via Dropbox. I saved PDFs and JPGs of passports, IDs, etc. for each identity in my vault.

On my iPod touch, I can see the images. But I cannot see any preview images on my iPad Air and iPad 2. They are all running iOS 8. I did forward a PDF to iBooks and was able to see it there. But I don't know if I want to have any attachments sent to another app outside of 1Password.

There seems to be no image preview on the iPad Air and iPad 2. Help?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Sad to say, you are not the only one with the same experience. I can see the attachments on my iPhone, but not my iPad. Here is a bit more commentary.

• wilsonng
    wilsonng
    Community Member
    Options

ahh... thanks. I'll be watching the other thread and hopefully find a resolution.

I showed a friend 1Password on my iPod touch. But when I tried it on my iPads, I started growing donkey ears and was at a loss about why it wasn't working on the iPad. L-)

Now, she is hesitant to get 1Password if there are bugs. She said that she couldn't rely on 1Password if it had bugs and possibly other defects that can affect the stuff she wants secured. [-(

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I don't mean to be flippant, but no software is completely free of bugs. But this is a particularly annoying one.

• wilsonng
    wilsonng
    Community Member
    Options

understood.

yes, it is particularly annoying because 1Password is such a vital tool.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @wilsonng‌ and @hawkmoth,

I have some great news for your Monday! Our developers have tracked this issue down and gotten it resolved. You should see an update soon that has attachments displaying properly for you.

I do apologize for the inconvenience - it's great to hear that you find 1Password to be a vital tool. We so much appreciate you showing 1Password off to your friend Wilsonng, I do hope she gives us a second chance. :)

Thanks for your patience as we work to get this update out to you all.

ref: OPI-1727

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Yippee!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth‌

I thought you'd like that. ;)

• wilsonng
    wilsonng
    Community Member
    Options

woohoo! Fist pumping in the air... :D/

• @wilsonng‌

Us too! High five! :)

Ben

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Can you folks reveal whether this improvement has already been submitted to Apple?

• Hi @hawkmoth‌

I haven't heard of a submission at this point. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened but I don't suspect we're quite there yet.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

And after a bit of fiddling, I' happy to report that 5.1 does, in fact display attachments on my iPad now. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Whoo! Thrilled to hear that your attachments are displaying properly. :) That's awesome.

• manxman11
    manxman11
    Community Member
    Options

So what was the solution, pumping hand in air? It is annoying

• manxman11
    manxman11
    Community Member
    Options

I checked - no 1P updates today - still cannot see 20 PDFs on iphone, yet they are visible on iTunes, when clicking on the 1P App, 1Password Documents, phone connected.

• Also, I can see Secure Notes in the 1P Mac App, so I added PDFs to that. BUT they also are not visible in the iPhone App.
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @manxman11‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Let's get a bit more detail to see if we can figure out where things are getting tangled up:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.