if I have to buy an older version now (OS restrictions), will I have a free upgrade later?

Options
nedk
nedk
Community Member

I thought I posted this earlier, but maybe I dropped the ball.

My ipod touch only supports ios6.x. If I get the appropriate version (4.3?) from the app store, will I have a free upgrade to version 5 when I replace the ipod?

Same general question about other product lines, e.g. for MacOS. If I'm forced to get an older version now, will I have a free upgrade available later if I upgrade MacOS? I'm on MacOS 10.8 now; the look of Mavericks and Yosemite and other things are annoying enough that I haven't bothered to upgrade.

To be clear, I only expect a free upgrade to the latest version that is available at the time I buy.

ARGH: I'm having a really hard time finding information about different versions. Yesterday, I thought
I had a page with a summary of 1password on different platforms.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nedk,

If I get the appropriate version (4.3?) from the app store, will I have a free upgrade to version 5 when I replace the iPod?

Unfortunately, because 1Password 5 for iOS was released as an update to 1Password 4, 1Password 4 is no longer available in the App Store to be purchased. Some users have mentioned that there might be a workaround to get 1Password on older devices, if you'd like to try, you can read about the details here.

If I'm forced to get an older version now, will I have a free upgrade available later if I upgrade MacOS? I'm on MacOS 10.8 now; the look of Mavericks and Yosemite and other things are annoying enough that I haven't bothered to upgrade.

For Mac, when you purchase a license for 1Password 5 from our website, the purchase details will include a license for 1Password 3 that you can use on your older systems. That means that, when you do decide to upgrade, you will have that shiny new 1Password 5 license waiting for you. You can download the older versions of 1Password on our downloads page, just scroll to the bottom for the Legacy versions. :)

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.