I bought 1password 5 for Mac and now I wanna do a clean install of OS X Yosemite

Options
irrigator
irrigator
Community Member

Currently I'm using 1password 5 on a mac. Now I wanna do a clean install of the operating system. Can I just copy the backup file generated by 1password to a external drive and restore it later?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @irrigator‌

I'd be happy to help you out here. There are a few things that we'll want to do before you start fresh with Yosemite:

• Run a Time Machine backup of your whole system
    • Use Folder Sync to create a 1Password.agilekeychain/'vaultname'.agilekeychain for each vault that you have. Save these files to your external drive.
    • Locate and move both your main datafile and your backups folder to your external drive. Depending on where you purchased 1Password, these files will be in a different location:

Mac App Store

• Datafile: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
    • Backups: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups

AgileBits webstore

• Datafile: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password\ 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
    • Backups: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups

(If you're not sure which version you are using, look in the 1Password > About 1Password menu)

This will ensure that you have multiple copies of your database, and a good collection of backups, just in case.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.