HELP! Operating system updated and everything lost! [follow-up assistance through email]

Options
agmorrill
agmorrill
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Please HELP! I recently updated my operating system and have lost access to my 1Password account and all of the saved logins and passwords. I am effectively locked out of EVERY important file I have. I need to speak with someone ASAP. Thank you!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

OK, let's take this slowly. Please tell us:

1. What was your previous OS and what version you are on now.
    2. What version of 1P you have (or had) and whether you bought it from the Mac App Store or direct from AgileBits.
    3. Whether you previously synchronised 1P (for example, with an iOS device).

I assume you updated the OS without re-installing from scratch (i.e., preserving your data). Is that correct? What exactly do you mean when you say you:

have lost access to my 1Password account and all of the saved logins and passwords

Do you still have the 1P app on your Mac. If not what happens when you re-download it and re-install it?

Edit: I have deleted your two duplicate posts.

Stephen

• agmorrill
    agmorrill
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Stephen, Thank you for contacting me! I am desperate and have been frantically trying to get help all morning. I am going o try and answer all of your questions, unfortunately, I am not super knowledgeable with regards to technology.

1. I just upgraded to OS X Yosemite. I believe I was on OS X prior to that.
    2. I am not sure what version of 1P I had. I purchased it on July 23, 2012 at 7:38:33pm from the Apple Store.
    3. I am not sure if I have every synchronized with another device. I did try and put 1P on my phone at one point, but never got it working correctly. I never had a problems with the version on my computer and used it to create secure passwords (that I can't remember) for all of my accounts (both personal and business).
    4. The install button appeared on my computer suggesting that I update and I did - I am assuming that means I didn't re-install from scratch.
    5. In a nutshell, when I upgraded operating systems the key icon disappeared from next to the browser bar on Safari where it had always been. When I went back into the application to try and open it/get it back on the browser 1Password opened and started saving new passwords but was completely empty of my old ones - it is almost like a new account was started. The app is working, but I can't access any of my old information.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Thank you,
    Alexandra

• Ben
    Options

Hi Alexandra ( @agmorrill‌ )

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Please email this report to support+forum@agilebits.com and please include a link to this thread along with your forum username.

Post back here letting us know once you have sent the report. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Ben

• agmorrill
    agmorrill
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent it.

• Ben
    Options

Perfect. Thanks. Our technical gurus will review your diagnostic report as soon as possible and get back to you via email.

Thanks!

ref: QEM-91549-278

This discussion has been closed.