User Guide

Options

I was considering upgrading to 1Password and tried this on iOS. However I wasn't clear on how to copy a password and paste it into an app. While I appreciate your integration and extensions, far, far too many apps don't have integration.

When I picked the item in another password manager, it copies the password to the clipboard. When I pick it in 1Password, I get the edit screen. I don't see an easy way to copy the password. On top of that, since I use mostly apps, and not web sites, it's highly inconvenient to have to select them item and then go select something else.

Comments

• It would be helpful if your user guide contained instructions on using the app, and not just adding items.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @way0utwest‌

you have two different ways to copy the password:

First, when you are in a list view like Favorites, Categories you can swipe to the right on an item. This reveals the 'Copy Password' action and you can tab on it to copy the password.

The second option is to go to the detail view of a login and tap long on the password cell. This brings up a menu with the option to copy the password.

I will let our documentation team know that we should add some documentation on how to use the app.

ref: DOCS-334

This discussion has been closed.