Apple Employee - Pro Restoring issue

Options
shelltops
shelltops
Community Member

I had already downloaded the app, but realized I could get the Pro verson free from my employer.

I have been trouble enabling the Pro version by "restoring purchases" (which always hangs).

All I have been able to see on the board is to delete the app from my iPhone, then redownload it again from the appstore on my phone. This does not work, as I think it is only seeing the free, non-Pro version, that I originally purchased.

Please help to restore my purchase, so I can get the Pro version that was granted to me by Apple.

Thank you!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @shelltops‌

I'm not aware of how Apple is giving free copies to employees, so I'm really not sure how to troubleshoot this. Have you spoken with the iTunes division, or whichever division enables you to get the app for free?

Thanks.

• shelltops
    shelltops
    Community Member
    Options

I believe it's something that the company provides as a service to their employees. We get many apps for free, and are provided with a redemption code that we input to iTunes. I don't see how contacting the iTunes division, after I have already redeemed the code, might assist me in upgrading to the Pro version. It seems that I have no other choice at this point then to just pay for it myself.

How very unfortunate that I even have to talk about this on a public board, versus a private email. I hope you will delete this post after you have read this, but I rather doubt you will. It is a great loss to me, and many others I have spoken to, that your company has done away with support emails and moved everything to a public forum.

• Ben
    Options

My understanding is that Apple does not offer redemption codes for in-app purchases, just the base cost of the app (which in 1Password's case is $0). We'd love to see redemption codes for in-app purchases though, so please feel free to drop us a line if that ever becomes possible in the future.

How very unfortunate that I even have to talk about this on a public board, versus a private email. I hope you will delete this post after you have read this, but I rather doubt you will. It is a great loss to me, and many others I have spoken to, that your company has done away with support emails and moved everything to a public forum.

We do still provide email support, however as we're currently playing catch up there, and providing answers here helps avoid duplication of efforts we're encouraging everyone to use the forums. Folks can still reach us at support at agilebits dot com though. I would just caution that the response time is currently longer than we'd like.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.