Pro Features

Options
Oxon
Oxon
Community Member
edited November 2014 in iOS

I'm using 1Password 5.1.2 on an iPad 2 running iOS 8.1.

I've just got round to investigating why the Pro features aren't available (specifically Touch ID). I've read the posts and have deleted and re-installed from the App store (I have never used iTunes), but I am still seeing Pin Code instead of Touch ID under the Security settings.

"Pro Features" appears in the Settings Menu and informs me that 1Password's Pro Features have been Purchased (i believe it was a free upgrade from version 4).

Have I missed something?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you really are using an iPad 2 (as opposed to an iPad Air 2) you don't have touch ID anyway. I suspect you meant to refer to an iPad Air 2 (these terribly confusing names!): is that right?

If so, have you enabled touch ID on the iPad anyway (i.e., Settings > Touch ID and Passcode). You should then be able to enable it in 1P5.

Stephen

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member
    Options

No, I do have an iPad 2 - that could explain it. I assume I can't use any of the Pro features then?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The Pro features are not related to Touch ID. Have a look at this blog post which explains what the Pro features are.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Oxon,

I hope that the post that @Stephen_C linked to helps you understand the Pro features, but if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks to you both. Apologies for my ignorance - a mixture of advancing years and not doing my homework properly (i usually use 1P on my iMac and seldom on the iPad).

I do have an issue with custom labels when syncing with the iMac, but this may have been mentioned elsewhere, so I'll do a separate post when I'm better informed this time!

Ken

• Ravi21
    Ravi21
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem with both iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 pro features does not show up on its own and clicking “Restore Purchase” results in “Restoring purchases” but nothing happens. I have tried this with multiple restarts and of course have been thru multiple updates for iOS. I have also tried the uninstall and reinstall from app store which you have mentioned in this thread and as a sticky above this, but no joy. I had emailed support but got a bot response. The multiple vaults would be very valuable since I am uncertain about having the lot in one vault on my phone, would be nice if you could sort it out soon.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Ravi21‌

According to the diagnostic report you sent us you have not purchased the Pro features, nor were you grandfathered by having purchased 1Password 4 for iOS on the same Apple ID you are now using 1Password under. If this is incorrect, and you have purchased the Pro features, please email us your iTunes receipt and we'll do our best to help you get logged into the correct Apple ID.

ref: KJP-46733-433

This discussion has been closed.