Sync/login

xyzbarna
xyzbarna
Community Member

I'm quite disappointed with this stuff.
I bought the mac version and it works fine. Installed to an ipad and I can't login.
I changed the master password (even I'm 100% positive I was entering it correctly) to avoid some special caracters.
The ipad 1password still doesn't login, and the password hint is still the old one. So... really disappointing behavoir of this app.

Comments

• xyzbarna
    xyzbarna
    Community Member

Solved it making the sync via WIFI, but iCloud sync doesn't work. Not nice for an app of over 30€.
    I've been using LastPass for a couple of years and, till now, 1password is worse than LastPass. A shame.

• Good morning @xyzbarna. I'm sorry for the trouble you had unlocking your vault on your iPad. With version 5 of 1Password we had to limit iCloud syncing to the App Store version of the app. You can read more about those changes here.

Are you using the App Store version of 1Password for Mac, or the version directly from us?

• xyzbarna
    xyzbarna
    Community Member

1password 500019 (App Store).
    What keep bothering me is (excluding that I can't do the sync via iCloud) that when I try it, the password hint that appears is an old one (I changed the master password to avoid special characters and also updated the password hint).

• Hi @xyzbarna‌

Please take a read through our CloudKit checklist:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/icloud-sync-checklist-cloudkit

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

• xyzbarna
    xyzbarna
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

It worked, but just this way:
    Deleting iCloud Data.
    Enabling it first from IOS device.

And I think that this should not happen:
    It uses an OLD master password. I changed the MP to avoid special characters, but to sync, I've used the old password. Now I've 2 passwords: the master to open the apps (IOS and OS X) and one to make the sync. Is that normal?

• Now I've 2 passwords: the master to open the apps (IOS and OS X) and one to make the sync. Is that normal?

Not normal, no. If you'd like to troubleshoot further Please create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device and your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

Then attach the files to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• memalakoff
    memalakoff
    Community Member

There seem to be many people having this problem. As I have commented on a similar post, I have exactly the same problem. My Mac app was bought from the App Store. The iPhone app (Premium) was bought from iTunes. I cannot sync using iCloud drive. Only by using WiFi. The issue is NOT just that the app might have been bought from the website. I see this response to every mention of this problem. At some point, you need to realize that there is a problem with the App Store version and iCloud syncing.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @memalakoff,

Can you give us some details about the problem you're having with iCloud sync? If you're using 1Password 5 for Mac (from the Mac App Store) and 1Password 5 for iOS, iCloud sync should certainly work.

The problem described by the OP in this thread was that the 1Password data in iCloud was still asking for the old Master Password when trying to set up iCloud sync in the iOS app. Is that the same problem you're experiencing? If so, are you able to enter the old Master Password in order to enable iCloud sync?

The more details you can give us about what's happening on your end, the better we'll be able to help you solve the problem. Thanks! :)

• memalakoff
    memalakoff
    Community Member

Hi Drew_AG, I have solved the issue with the help of Megan. The issue was that the 1Password in data was asking for the Master Password, but was not recognizing it as valid, regardless of whether it was the old or the new. Megan's solution was to disable sync on both devices, restart both devices, and then re-enable That appears to have worked.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Glad Megan could help!

This discussion has been closed.