Trouble filling multi-field login

Saving the login manually often helps
I am a self confessed 1Password fan and truly appreciate the hard work constantly applied to keeping up with the rapid pace of computing development.
So I seek alternatives to fill the gap until the team can find safe and secure a way to resolve small issues.
A search revealed a few threads in a similar vein and this thread seemed to be the best place to post these thoughts.

Tucked away in Software not often accessed by the vast majority of users there are oddities where a developer has seen fit to introduce unusual forms of access protection. One such item is the gateway to a site which enables users to order repeat Prescription Medication, book Doctors Appointments and similar.

The Multi Page Log In system does not work for me in this situation, unless I am doing something wrong?
In the particular case I am referring to all three entries are on the same page and are:

1. A Practice ID Number [site supplied Number], which I have not been able to auto fill and has temporarily been solved by using a ‘Sticky Note’ application.
2. User ID Number [again a site supplied Number], which can be auto filled from a UserName
3. Password [user selected usual combination choices], which is nil problem

I have switched back to FireFox having been unable to find a ‘Sticky Note’ application that will work with Safari, if anyone knows of such an animal please tell me.

The ‘Sticky Note’ temporary solution lead me to wonder if 1Password Secure Notes could be made ‘sticky’ for a selected web page by an option under e.g. ‘Edit’ called ‘Make Sticky’?
The Secure Notes are not available until the user Unlocks 1Password so that would apply to those made sticky also, maintaining security for the information.
Any chance that this could be implemented without too much resource being thrown at it and would it work satisfactorily?

Comments

• StanTheMan
    StanTheMan
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Stu and thanks for coming to the rescue.

I will remove the link as soon as you have captured it, a message to that effect would be appreciated.

[ Link removed ]

stu wrote:

Hi Stan,

Well, the idea of sticky notes is an interesting one, I'll certainly pass it on to our developers. But, let's see if we can't get the site to fully auto-fill for you instead. If you can, could you provide me with a link to the site in question, I'm guessing it's an NHS thing (I think I remember reading about this system when I did some IT support work for my friends practice here in Leeds). Hopefully it should be fairly simple to see what the problem is.

Thanks,
  • StanTheMan
    StanTheMan
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    Brilliant job Stu :) thank you.

Your directions were followed and a replacement Log In saved.
    Until I remembered to Quit and Re-start AllBookmarks clicking in AllBookmarks opened the relevant web page but did not fill the Log On details. With AllBookmarks re-started all 3 sets of information were entered and submitted at a click. Similarly when at the relevant web page clicking the choice presented by the 1Password Icon on the Menu Bar logs straight into the site.

This will enable me to get rid of the ‘Sticky Notes’ and if FireFox continues conflicting with AllBookmarks url="http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/50-allbookmarks-menu-bar-icon-spinning-beach-ball/"]separate thread[/url I will be able to use Safari.

It is strange that one particular entry, a short Number, always eludes my memory.
    Others like longer Military Service, National Insurance and old Telephone Numbers are not a problem, so it is not complete brain fade.

[Edit:]
    I forgot to say 1Password is really smart I did not know that it can collect additional input fields in this way. Kudos Development Team B)

Stu also just noticed that the link is contained within a quote in your post above
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Glad to hear everything worked out! :-)

On behalf of Stu, you are most welcome!

Oh, and — I don't think that link will be bothering you any more...
This discussion has been closed.