1password and OSX Yosemite 10.10

Options
Claire Cameron
Claire Cameron
Community Member

Hi,

I have updated my mac to Yosemite 10.10 and just updated 1 password to 5.0.2. I now get the error message '1Password 5 cannot be opened because of a problem - check with the developer to maker sure 1password 5 works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application.

I can't get into 1password and hence can't get into any of my programs for work.

Please help!

Claire

Comments

• Patrick Gibson
    Patrick Gibson
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem... sorry I can't be of any help!

• Patrick Gibson
    Patrick Gibson
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, maybe I can... Drag it to the trash, empty your trash and then reinstall it. Fixed it for me!

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/32054/1password-doesnt-work-since-the-upgrade-to-yosemite#latest

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There should be no problem running any version of 1P5 under OS X 10.10. I suggest you do this:

1. delete the app by dragging it to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool because it may delete your data files);
    2. empty the trash and reboot;
    3. re-download and re-install.

Stephen

• Hi @Claire Cameron‌,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into this issue. 1Password 5.0.2 should run just fine on Yosemite. It sounds to me like either the download came through corrupted, or the system failed to proper unquarantine the file for you. I recommend exactly what @Stephen_C and @Patrick Gibson‌ said : trash that app, and redownload from either our website or from the Mac App Store (if you got it from the Mac App Store, please make sure to get it from the Mac App Store again, and same for the website). And as Stephen mentioned, you definitely want to avoid using any app cleaning tools (as a developer those tools terrify me).

I hope this helps. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.