UPGRADED to ipassword 5 for yosemite. won't open. it says 1 password cannot be opened because of a

Options
mgorte
mgorte
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

problem. i have erased the program out of the finder window to the trash. I have emptied the trash. i have rebooted. i have redownloaded the program and i get the same message. here is the message details. HELP. THIS IS NOT GOOD
Process: 1Password 5 [841]
Path: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 5
Identifier: com.agilebits.onepassword4
Version: ???
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: 1Password 5 [841]
User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2014-11-27 10:46:57.579 -0600
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 2D63C07B-11AA-CEBA-B599-F533F3A8595A

Time Awake Since Boot: 440 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @loader_path/Frameworks/CrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/CrashReporter
Referenced from: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK
Reason: image not found

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mgorte‌,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. I am really sorry to hear that your are experiencing issues with 1Password for Mac.

This is a known issue and it is caused by the 1Password 5.app install being in a bad state. To fix this, you simply need download 1Password again from here and replace the old one in your /Applications folder with it.

Please let me know if this helped.

Cheers!

• mgorte
    mgorte
    Community Member
    Options

i went to the link and tried to download it. it did the exact same thing with the problem. thoughts?

• Hi @mgorte,

Sometime a reboot is needed on Yosemite, please try this more extensive instruction:

1. Open your Applications folder.
    2. Locate the 1Password 5.app in the list.
    3. Drag it to the trash can. Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    4. After dragging it to the trash, empty your trash, then reboot your computer.
    5. After the reboot, download a fresh copy of 1Password 5 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    6. Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it. Or, if you use the Mac App Store version, re-download 1Password from the Mac App Store purchased page.

If that still doesn't work, can you tell me if GateKeeper is set to accept downloads from anywhere? To find out, go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and look under Allow apps downloaded from:. If it says Mac App Store version only, change it to Mac App Store and identified developers. After this, try the instruction again.

This discussion has been closed.