1Password on Two Computers

Options
davaz3
davaz3
Community Member

Currently 1Password is on my desktop mac. I would like to put it on my Powermac laptop ... both would use the same master password. Can I do this without buying a second license??

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you bought from the Mac App Store you can use 1P on any other Mac which uses the same user ID.

If you bought direct from AgileBits you can use 1P on any Mac you own. This page includes the following:

Our software is licensed per person and per platform, not per device.

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@davaz3‌

Stephen gave you the info you needed regarding the use of the license, but I wanted to add that if you recently purchased 1Password and its not a typo above you would need to use a version prior to 3.6 in the 3.6 release powerpc support was removed. 1Password Blog version 3.6 changes

If you don't already have a license key for version 3 you would need to send a an email to support asking for them to generate a v3 license key.

You can download a copy of the older 1Password 3 version from the Downloads page * See the legacy section.

support+license@agilebits.com

cc @littlebobbytables‌

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davaz3‌

You've had a couple of good responses so far. Given the point raised by thightower if you can let us know what version of OS X you're running and if it is indeed a machine with a PowerPC chip, we'd be talking about a machine prior to 2006 to give a better idea. Once we know that we can work on getting you sorted out :smile:

This discussion has been closed.