v5 license "free" for v4? not what's showing up

Options
mcab
mcab
Community Member

’d like to understand how to get my free upgrade from version 4 to version 5 on Mac.

On your site you write
https://blog.agilebits.com/2014/10/17/1password-5-for-mac-is-here/

"We’re so excited about 1Password 5 for Mac that we want all our v4 customers to have it for free!”

i can't post my receipt here, but, i am an owner of a v4 license.

However when i input my license info to “upgrade license” via the 1password app, i’m told that this upgrade is not free but that it’s 24.95

as per image attached

my hope is that this is a system error and that you have a way to honour your offer “to have it for free”

Thank you for your timely assistance

mc
(this does feel weird to have to post to a discussion board for a support issue - :(

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I can assure you the upgrade from 1P4 to 1P5 is free. There's no question about that. All we have to do is to sort out your licence problem. Did you buy 1P4 direct from AgileBits or from the Mac App Store?

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@mcab‌

Im going to guess you are indeed a website license holder and not using the Mac App Store version ? Based upon that assumption... Looks like you are pressing the upgrade button inside the license dialogue for 1Password ? That button is a bug and should be fixed in an upcoming update. Simply disregard it.

The 1Password 4 license is the same one to use for 1Password 5 so just update your install and if the license disappears simply reapply the 1Password 4 license.

I just yesterday had to do the same thing to the wife's Mac.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mcab‌

thightower's explanation does seem to explain your situation. One thing I noticed from your screenshots is the upgrade button for 1Password 5 was actually greyed out, you wouldn't have been able to purchase an upgrade to 1Password 5 from that screen. As thightower stated, it's a known bug which we're in the processing of rectifying and that as long as the 1Password > About 1Password dialog says you're licensed then you are and you're good to go :smile:

This discussion has been closed.