Does anybody actually read support@agilebits.com email? [yes, but we are playing catch up]

kolding
kolding
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Lounge

Last week, I bought a 1Password license (Mac+Windows bundle), but I never received an email receipt or a copy of the Windows license. I've tried to use the "recover password" feature, but it tells me my email address isn't recognized. I've tried writing to support, but it's been 5 days and they haven't responded.

Does anybody actually work there? Do I need to challenge the charge on my credit card to get their attention? Are they actually trying for a "worst customer service" award?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2014

Hi @kolding‌

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There are two factors at work here:

1. We're incredibly busy. I understand that isn't an excuse, and folks still expect (and deserve) prompt service. We've begun to direct folks here, to the forums, where we can help more people faster, vs email.
    2. We typically work on emails from oldest to newest. It appears you've replied to your own email thread a couple of times without a response from us. Unfortunately with our email system each time you reply, without having received a reply from us, that updates the timestamp on your ticket bumping you to the 'newest' portion of the queue (essentially bumping yourself to the end of the line).

The problem with your licensing issue is that you didn't use the email address that you thought you used to purchase (you used an @yahoo address, not the one you mentioned in your email). I've changed that -- I updated your address to the one you had thought, and resent all of your information there.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: DRZ-45936-383

• kolding
    kolding
    Community Member

Thank you.
    My apologies for being rude, but when you get a reasonable request, and there's nothing but silence on your end, well, that's just bad customer service.

When you combine this with an extremely confusing website for support, (for instance, if the "Resend Licenses" can't find your email, it shows you, among other things, a "contact us" link, which just takes you back to the previous page, on which there was NO contact information at all), it really makes it look like you don't want to provide any service.

Your mail system is just plain broken. You shouldn't dump people down in priority because they update a service request. If you have a queue, that's fine, but leave them in the queue at the same position. I sent a mail, waited 4 days (admittedly over a weekend), heard nothing, and sent another mail, waited 24 hours, and sent another mail. Each of these shouldn't be sending me to the back. Again, it just makes you look like you don't want to support your customers by leaving them in the lurch.

If the request can't be handled in a reasonable amount of time, you should be sending out an automated ETA to everybody on the list. "We're terribly sorry, but due to extremely heavy support request volume, we're taking approximately N days from your original request to be able to respond. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Again, thank you for clearing this up....

Sincerely,
    Eric

• Hi Eric

I didn't take you as being rude, just frustrated, which is understandable.

We don't write the software for our email support system, so unfortunately that isn't something we can change ourselves. We have asked the developer if there is a way that can be improved.

As for your point about automated follow up emails, it is an interesting idea, and I will certainly pass it along. My fear is that customers have already received one automated response from BitBot and for many customers further automated messages may only fuel the frustration. On the other hand I can see both sides of the argument.

Thank you for the feedback!

Ben

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

We don't write the software for our email support system, so unfortunately that isn't something we can change ourselves. We have asked the developer if there is a way that can be improved.

For now can you just have it send out a confirmation email when a big warning explaining not to send follow up emails.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RichardPayne‌

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it along to our email gurus.

This discussion has been closed.