Not asking for saving login on same directory of an url

Options
joris85
joris85
Community Member

Hello,

I have a problem because the 1password does not ask for saving my login if i already have a login of a url almost the same.

server1.myserver.com:2090
And he does not ask again on:
server2.myserver.com:2090

Also with my websites joomla i have this problem.
domainname.com/administrator
domainname2.com/administrator

Also if i am on server one and click cmd + \ he asks me what login i want.
But i have only one login for that server but he thinks i maybe want that from server2.

So in my eyes it looks like he is not exact looking to my url if it exists but just looking to a phrase what is in my work multiple times the same.

Can anybody follow my problem?
And is there a solution or myst i add all these urls by hand with login and always must choose between a few options instead of just loggin in because i only have one login for that exact location.

Thanks!

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joris85‌,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us :+1:

1Password does not take into account the the entire URL when you save a login. It takes the naked domain, which is myserver.com in your case, the username and the password.

I suspect that you want to end up with two distinct Logins in 1Password with the same username and password but with different URLs. If that's the case you have two options:

1. Manually add URLs to the same Login (your current solution). If you choose this option, you'll be able to use the same credentials for server1.myserver.com:2090, server2.myserver.com:2090, etc.
    2. Manually save a new Login for each URL. Please refer to this article from our Knowledgebase for the instructions.

Please let me know if his helps :smiley:

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.