deleted login on MacBook not deleted on iPhone 5s , 1Password 4.4.3

Options
xandarar
xandarar
Community Member

In My MacBook Pro( OS 10.8.5) log-on list for 1Password (4.4.3) there were 2 log-ons for same site. I deleted 1 of the 2 and modified the one I retained. Then I synced the iPhone 5S (7.1.2). The sync showed as completed, but when I checked the long-ins -- both copies were still listed, and the total number of log-on records did not decrease by 1. The change I made to the one I wanted to keep appeared fine. Why didn't the log-in I deleted from the laptop also get deleted from the iPhone list?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I think it would be helpful to mention what sync method you used.

Stephen

• xandarar
    xandarar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, sorry -- I was so pleased I remembered all the other details … sync using Dropbox, on wifi, cellular data is on. Hope that's sufficient. When I first noticed I had a problem with logging onto a site through the iPhone -- there was an error message about not being able to access data file in Dropbox -- I found a forum post that stated issues could be handled by turning off wifi then turning it back on. I did that and the error message went away and the sync worked fine in that it ran. By the way this problem of the undeleted login does not occur on my iPad2. There the second logon that I had deleted from laptop did not appear. Thanks.

• Hi @xandarar,

Just to make sure I got everything right:

1. On the iPhone, after the sync is finished, the modified Login item did show up but the deleted Login wasn't removed
    2. On the iPad, the modified Login shows up as well but not the deleted Login.

Right, so far? If so, that means the sync is working correctly since the iPad app did the right thing and iPhone shows the changes but didn't remove the deleted one. That suggests an issue within the iPhone app.

Can you terminate the 1Password app on the iPhone in the background and restart 1Password, does that get rid of the deleted Login item? To do this, bring up the app switcher by double-pressing the home button and then swipe up 1Password to kill it.

Open 1Password again, wait for it to finish its sync, and then see if the deleted Login item is still there.

• xandarar
    xandarar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! that resolved it. I keep forgetting to "turn off" apps on the iPhone (just got this one). Maybe this will make it stick in my mind for future issues with any software. A.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @xandarar‌ I'm glad to hear MikeT go you sorted out :smile:

If you have any more questions you know where we are and we'll be here to respond.

This discussion has been closed.