CSV FILE IMPORT

franksus
franksus
Community Member

Just downloaded and installed this application. The VERY FIRST thing I tried was to IMPORT a CSV file which already contains hundreds of account passwords and details. So GUESS WHAT, the facility offered by this software DOESN'T WORK no matter what I try. So this is just sheer RUBBISH!! Why offer functionality to your clients that doesn't work, this is ludicrous and review of your customer blog shows that a customer has developed a solution. So this is like designing a Mercedes Benz without a steering wheel and expecting your customers to solve the problem. Sorry, but this is pathetic, super unimpressed. Importing a CSV file is such a basic thing, my goodness, ... so poor!!!

Comments

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member

Maybe that telling the forum from what software you exported the CSV and so on would help people solve your issue...

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If you want help with the import please say:

1. what version of 1P you are using (version number and OS);
    2. what program you are trying to import from (as @J.M indicated).

You are rather more likely then to get productive responses (assuming that is what you want).

When you tell us what version of 1P you are using (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android) I'll move your post to the correct forum, where you will obtain better assistance than on this general forum.

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

As you can see, there are some very tolerant and patient folks around here who are willing to help. I can only speak for myself, but it's easier for me to be motivated to help when the requester isn't belligerent.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @franksus‌

I am sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated here. Since you haven't mentioned any specifics on your platform of 1Password or which program you're importing from, the best I can do is point you to our Import Guide in our Knowledgebase. I hope this helps, but if you do run into any snags, please give us a bit more detail so that we can help!

This discussion has been closed.