Lost Websites on iPad After Switching to Dropbox Sync (Was Using iCloud Sync)

Debbi
Debbi
Community Member
edited November 2014 in iOS

I am new to 1Password and have been adding items over the last several weeks to either my iPhone or to my iPad, and then syncing successfully via iCloud between the two devices. I am using 5.1.2 on both and have the latest IOS system installed on both. As I plan to add 1Password for Windows to my computer, I decided to move from iCloud sync to Dropbox sync. Established my Dropbox account and enabled sync. I got a few error messages but then it seemed to be working. I've added a few things since and they are syncing. However, I have lost 95% of my websites on the iPad. They remain on the iPhone. I have not yet added 1Password for Windows, as I'd like to resolve the current issue before making the purchase. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Debbi‌

sorry that you are having troubles with syncing. When you say 95% of your websites are lost, do you mean the login items for websites are lost or the website/url within the login item are lost?

Are both devices syncing with the same agilekeychain path in Dropbox? You can find out the Dropbox file you are syncing to by going to Settings > Sync > Sync Service within 1Password. The path will be written underneath the current sync method.

• Debbi
    Debbi
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Winnie - Thanks for the response. I meant the website/url within the login item. I deleted 1Password (and its data) from my iPad and then reinstalled it. Changed syncing back to iCloud and am now good on both iOS devices. As I've already done this, I can't specifically answer your question regarding the agilekeychain path. However, I do know that there was only one 1Password.agilekeychain folder on Dropbox.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Good that no data is lost! Is all your current 1Password data on iOS? If yes, I'd suggest to delete the old agilekeychain from Dropbox (after making a backup of that file) and starting fresh with the Dropbox sync. This would add all the 1Password data that you currently have on your iPhone to Dropbox and that way you sync with your Windows computer.

• Debbi
    Debbi
    Community Member

Winnie - After a few days of syncing successfully via iCloud, I decided to try Dropbox again. I backed up my iPhone before starting. However, I cannot successfully sync with Dropbox. I've tried multiple times, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling. I've done this both on my iPhone and on my iPad. The data syncs but most of my website/url's are missing within the 100 plus logins I have.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Debbi‌ While we wait for @Winnie‌ to mull this over there is something I'm curious about. If you still have a keychain in Dropbox (don't worry, you don't need to be actively syncing to it right now) then if you were to look at 1PasswordAnywhere are the URLs missing there as well?

Sorry for asking you to perform more tests, hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this.

• Debbi
    Debbi
    Community Member

I just checked 1PasswordAnywhere and, yes, the URLs are there.

• Debbi
    Debbi
    Community Member

Okay, I found this thread started on 10/29/2014 in the 1Password for Mac discussions, "Keep losing the websites in my Logins [Investigating]", and I'm sure my issue is the same. I did not create duplicate URL's but somewhere in the backend they were added, e.g., www.xxx.xxx vs http://www.xxx.xxx. Any news on when we'll see a fix?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30568/keep-losing-the-websites-in-my-logins-investigating/p1

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Hi @Debbi,

Thanks for including the link to the other discussion you found. I agree, this certainly sounds like the same problem, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Our developers are hoping to have this fixed in the next update, although I don't know exactly when that will be available. It's in beta right now, so hopefully it will be ready in the near future. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! :)

ref: OPM-2531

This discussion has been closed.