1Password 5 for Android?

bigbearmom
bigbearmom
Community Member

After fooling around awhile on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and trying to get 1Password to work I finally decided to turn to this forum to see what I could learn. The one thing I did learn is that both my Macs and my Galaxy need to be running the same program. It doesn't appear there is a 1Password 5 for Android. I wouldn't have paid for the app had I known that. Is there going to be a release of 1Password 5 for Android or is there a way to make them play nice together?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

They've only just release Android v4 so I really doubt there'll be a v5 any time soon.

The one thing I did learn is that both my Macs and my Galaxy need to be running the same program.

Not sure where you got that idea from. It really doesn't matter which versions you're running, so long as they both support the keychain format that you're using. They should just work.

The only exception to that that I'm aware of is for the desktop applications which use browser plugins that can sync'd across machines. For example, if you have 1PfM v4 and 1PfW v1 using Chrome then you'll end up with both the v1 and v4 plugins on both Mac and Windows systems (because Chrome will sync them). You can then get some strange things happening is Windows v1 tries to talk to the v4 plugin or Mac v4 tries to talk to the v1 plugin.

• @bigbearmom‌ There are some features in 1Password 5 for Mac and iOS that aren't supported in 1Password 4 for Android. In general though, 1Password 4 on your Galaxy S4 should be able to sync with a 1Password.agilekeychain produced by 1Password 5 on your Mac. Please let me know what steps you have taken to try to get syncing set up on your Android device and I would be happy to help you get any issues resolved.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

There are some features in 1Password 5 for Mac and iOS that aren't supported in 1Password 4 for Android.

Care to expand on that? What features of 1Pv5 might cause issues with 1PfA v4?

• Perhaps "available" is a better choice of word than "supported". It's not that some features would cause problems, but simply that some features aren't available in 1Password 4 for Android. Support for multiple vaults would be a perfect example of this.

This discussion has been closed.