nrather
Community Member

I bought a Windows license and need a Mac license for Mavericks

Comments

• nrather
    nrather
    Community Member
    Options

What do I do, bought a Windows license by accident. Need a license for Mac OSX Mavericks

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@nrather‌

You're covered. I believe that you can get a refund within 30 days.

Before you repurchase the Mac version, you might consider purchasing from Apple. The versions are slightly different. The Agilebits direct purchase allows syncing only via Dropbox. The Apple version allows syncing via Dropbox and iCloud and requires Yosemite.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Just to elaborate a little on the previous response...

It is correct that if you need to sync using iCloud you need to buy the Mac App Store version and not the AgileBits store version. However, both versions allow sync by either Dropbox or locally via wifi.

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

And, to chime in, it isn't just the Apple Store version of 1Password 5 that requires Yosemite. The AgileBits web store version for Mac also requires Yosemite.

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C‌

Your post is, at a minimum, misleading. You can NOT sync Mac to Mac via WiFi.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@nrather‌

Also do note older versions of 1Password are available that support Mavericks. I didn't want you to think that the only supported OS is Yosemite.

If I recall correctly, the Mac App Store will provide you the opportunity to purchase either version, depending on your OS. That being 1Password 4 or 1Password 5 depending on the OS that the Mac is running when you visit the store. Mavericks provides 1Password 4, while Yosemite provides 1Password 5

• Please note on the Mac App Store it is simply called 1Password

The version's from the AgileBits website go all the way back to Snow Leopard. If you purchase a license now, it will work with 1Password 4 or 1Password 5. If you need earlier versions you would simply send an email to support and they can generate a license key for you.

--

And thats the hat trick with 3 moderators all in succession. ;)

edit : typo

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

Does anyone have a solution for the OP using a Mac with Mavericks?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@Plato‌

I think my post solves that ?

I think we posted at the same time.

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower‌

Yes, our posts have the same time hack and yes, you did resolve the issue.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

LOL, its been a while since thats happened here. Same post time that is.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nrather‌

If you wish, I can swap that Web Store licence you've purchased for a 1Password for Mac licence. You would then download 1Password 4 from our Download page (https://agilebits.com/downloads) and if you do upgrade to Yosemite your licence will cover you on 1Password 5 too.

If you deem iCloud sync support as important then we will need to issue a refund and then you can proceed to purchase 1Password from Apple's Mac App Store. When you attempt to download 1Password via the App Store it will recognise that 1Password 5 can't run on your Mavericks machine and offer to download the last compatible version which was 1Password 4. Please note, that if you have Yosemite running on a machine there is no way to download 1Password 4 as Apple don't offer the ability to choose, you can only download the last compatible version.

Let us know what you would like us to do and we can proceed from there.

• nrather
    nrather
    Community Member
    Options

I am not using Yosemite so 1Password 4 is what I need. Please let me know what to do next. Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nrather‌

Check your email :smile:

This discussion has been closed.