How do I export Chrome Extension v3.9.21.90 data to 1Password v5?

I used to use the standalone version of 1Password extensively on my 2010 MacBook Pro. My last upgrade was to v3.8.21 (build 32009).

Unfortunately, it stopped synchronizing to Dropbox and my IOS devices, and then stopped synchronizing to the Chrome extension as well.

I enter 90% of my 1Password data via the Chrome extension, and that is the only part of 1Password that is still working for me, so it is now my reference database. It has been 100% reliable to date, first in Snow Leopard, then in Mountain Lion, and now in Mavericks (OS X v10.9.5).

I desperately want to upgrade to the standalone version of 1Password 5 and get synchronization working with my IOS devices again. I currently have an iPhone 5 64GB and iPad Air 2 WiFi 128GB, both on IOS 8.1.1.

However, I have to know that I can reliably export my data out of the Chrome plugin, and into the new standalone version of 1Password. I currently have 136 items in my logins alone, and my business relies on them.

How do I do this? The Chrome extension doesn't seem to have the same tools for determining where the password database is kept on my computer, controlling the destination of my cloud backups on Dropbox, etc.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @steve_rolfeca‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password lately. The best way to get this sorted is to take a closer look at your system.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• steve_rolfeca
    steve_rolfeca
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Thank you for the prompt response, Megan.

As I continued with the setup process as I transferred all my files into Mavericks from Snow Leopard, I did some more research, and decided to try 1Password 4. I got it synching with the old v3 Chrome extension, and was then able to uninstall and reinstall to the more recent Chrome extension (4.2.5.90), without losing any passwords.

Next up? To see if I can get 1Password v5 for IOS synching to my Dropbox account on my new iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5. I will be happy indeed if I can get all three devices talking to each other again.

Nothing else even approaches the convenience and security of a properly-synchronized 1Password installation...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @steve_rolfeca‌

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get your data from Chrome into 1Password 4 - that's awesome!

Now, let's see what we can do about attaining the convenience and security of a properly-synchronized 1Password installation. :)

There are instructions on how to set up Dropbox sync for 1Password 5 on iOS here. If you have any questions about the process, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.