Start over

Options
lcohen272
lcohen272
Community Member

Started using and learning 1Password for Mac several months ago. Use interrupted by move. Now settled and ready to resume, but cannot remember or ocate complex master password. How can I start over? I am not concerned that I might lose the setup work I had done. Should I delete 1Password completely and re-install? Suggestions appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lcohen272‌

It just so happens that we have a handy article in our user guide that can help you do just that! Follow the steps here:

Starting Over

If you hit any snags, we're here for you. ;)

• DrToad
    DrToad
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Am I supposed to delete the data folders if I really want to start over from scratch with a new master password? I have no data files currently in those folders.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@DrToad - the document @Megan pointed out in the post just above yours covers what to delete when you start over.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DrToad‌

There are two locations where 1Password stores its support files and it depends on if you're using the Mac App Store version or the Agile Web Store one. So you wouldn't have files in one of the locations unless you've used both. Does that explain what you're seeing?

This discussion has been closed.