FireFox issue with V5

jwmerrell
jwmerrell
Community Member

I seem to have a issue using Firefox with Version 5. There is a little key emblem(left over from V3) in the menu bar along side the little key lock emblem of version 5. I can seem to get rid of that little key(v3) and when I try to open a login from version 5 the little key opens a window that wants me to reenter my master password. Everything with Safari works the way i expected. I trashed V3 but maybe there is a file left over that I don't know about. I have installed V5 extensions in Firefox.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If you go to this AgileBits page you will find a link to a 1P3 uninstaller which may help you. Please ensure you've removed the 1P3 Firefox extension too. (I don't know whether or not the uninstaller also removes that.)

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jwmerrell,

Just to add a bit to @Stephen_C's excellent suggestion, after using the uninstaller app for 1Password 3, you can make sure the 1Password 3 extension is removed from Firefox by following the steps here (scroll down for Firefox steps).

Let us know how it all goes!

• jwmerrell
    jwmerrell
    Community Member

I got rid of the little key by getting rid of the FireFox extension but when i try to run the uninstaller I get the following message

1PasswordUninstaller can't be opened
    because it is from an unidentified developer. Everything seems to work with V5 so maybe I don't need to run the uninstaller
    Thanks for showing me where the Firefox extensions were kept.

• jwmerrell
    jwmerrell
    Community Member

got everything to work. Thanks for the info issue closed

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jwmerrell‌,

On behalf of @Drew_AG‌ and @Stephen_C‌, Thank you!

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you :smiley:

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.