Browser sensitive behaviour

Hi, this is not a problem, but I would like to check I am not imagining this! I am using 1password 4.1.0.530 on a win7 machine. My default browser is Chrome but rather perversely I swap about between Chrome and IE11. Today I noticed that one of my auto saved logins did not work. Purely by accident, I discovered that it worked in IE11. A bit of checking and I found that if I auto save a login from IE11 it will not work with chrome. The opposite is not the case - an auto saved login created by Chrome works with IE11. I have looked at the fields created by both browsers and cannot see a difference. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I going mad?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

When you say that they "did not work" did it not fill (or show in the extension menu) or did it fill the wrong thing?

Can you recreate the problem with a clean vault? What I'm thinking is that if you can replicate with dummy data then you can send the vault to Agilebits to investigate.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That would be helpful, indeed (being sure not to send us any actual credentials or other confidential information, of course).

There are sites in which IE behaves differently, but in general Login items should work in any browser. If you've found some that don't, we'll be happy to look into why not, in case there's something we can improve.

Thanks!

• jaybeeaitch
    jaybeeaitch
    Community Member

Thanks, I will do that, but I won't be back at my windows pc until maybe 12th or 13th december

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.