Can I buy a 1Password license as a gift for someone for the holidays?

dharmadoor
dharmadoor
Community Member

How would I go about gifting someone a 1Password license? Would I purchase it for myself and send them the receipt and license key? Is there another way to do this as a gift?

Thank you!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dharmadoor‌

What a great idea - the gift of security!! (Ok, that was really cheesy, sorry.)

But it is very nice of you to give 1Password as a gift! Please visit our online store and select the Add to Cart button beside the license type of your choice in the first 1Password section. As you proceed through the checkout process, at the top of the page that asks for License Information, enter the full name and email address of the recipient and click the checkbox for "This is a gift." You will then be asked for your own name (it will be shown to the recipient), an optional message and the email address to which we should send the receipt (usually yours, since you are the one paying).

Each gift purchase needs to be made separately, so don't put multiple licenses on the same purchase. Once the purchase is completed, an email will be sent to the recipient right away, so you may want to wait until the last minute if you want to make it a surprise.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• dharmadoor
    dharmadoor
    Community Member

Dear Megan,

This is perfect. The friend of mine is not so good at secure passwords and keeps forgetting them if he creates new ones, so I'm hoping this will be of great benefit for him to only have to remember one password and yet be secure in all of his web transactions! It is truly a gift of security for those who are somewhat tech-phobic, but use the web and who would otherwise be very vulnerable.

I'll let you know if I have any difficulties, but it sounds like you've spelled it out pretty thoroughly.

Thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dharmadoor‌

Again, I think it's pretty awesome that you're considering your friend's security - peace of mind is a great gift!

Happy Friday. :)

This discussion has been closed.