1Password Sync

Options
JFM0217
JFM0217
Community Member

I purchased and downloaded 1Password for Mac and have set it up, or so I thought. I understood that my version of 1Password for Mac would sync with my other Macs and my iPad that has v. 8.1.1 installed. I have not been able to locate 1Password on my iPad. What do I need to do ensure that 1Password is available on my other Macs and iPad?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

For your iPad you need 1Password for iOS which is a separate app available from the app store. It is free but there is an in-app purchase to enable the Pro version. Read about it here.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JFM0217,

I hope that @Stephen_C's advice got you all synced up with 1Password on all your devices, but if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help! :)

• JFM0217
    JFM0217
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps I misunderstood the sales pitch for iPassword, but I thought that, once iPassword was installed and data were entered (i.e. logins, etc.), the stored sign in/passwords etc would be entered automatically when I needed to enter login info for browsers, email app, subscriptions, etc. So far, this feature does not happen. Am I doing something wrong? I've read the manual, reviewed the settings in preferences, etc but I've yet to see or understand how iPassword is supposed to save me time.Unlike other software or hardware purchases, I find it frustrating and unhelpful as nee user not to have direct access by phone or email chat with tech support at Agile bits. Would appreciate some tech support.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JFM0217‌

1Password only fills your credentials into websites and supported apps, and only when you ask it to do so. On iOS we have a Safari extension available that you can read about here:

For Mac you can read about logging into your websites here:

Thanks!

• JFM0217
    JFM0217
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Useful information/instructions

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JFM0217,

I'm glad to hear that Ben's links helped you out! If you have any further questions, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.