License Keys

Options
Katiev
Katiev
Community Member

hello, I am a reseller in the US. I am trying to help my customer manage their 1password for Mac license keys. They see that their license for 1Password 5 gives permission to use v.3 and v.4 as well. The license key for v.3 is listed but this states that v.4 and v.5 have a different license key. They need to be able to see what that license key is for their corprate records. Can you heklp with that?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Version 4 abandoned the alpha-numeric key that was used before and introduced a license file. It must be installed into the application to register a copy. The file itself can be saved, but I'm not sure what there is to see other than the presence of the file. When I installed version 5, it created a new record in the Software category and added the license file as an attachment. I can therefore recover it at will.

I'm not sure whether that helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

hawkmoth is correct @Kayiev we don't have a key for v4 and v5 as we use a licence file instead. The file is simply a text file though so you could record something like the licence UUID contained within if it's about itemising. Does that help?

This discussion has been closed.