Ipad version gives "wrong password" error message when syncing with Dropbox

petersbl
petersbl
Community Member

My iPad version of 1Password tells me I am entering the incorrect password when I attempt to sync with Dropbox; however, the password is correct. I used it successfully to log in on my Mac and iPhone. I therefore can't use the App on my iPad.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @petersbl,

Could you please let me know which version of 1Password you have on your iPad? If you're not sure, please use this as a reference: http://i.agilebits.com/cdj/iOS_Versions.png

• petersbl
    petersbl
    Community Member

I have version 5.1.2 (I have my iPad set to autoupdate so I'm typically current.) IOS 8.1.1 iPad model MC744LL/A (retina display)

• petersbl
    petersbl
    Community Member

dropbox on my iPad is version 3.6

• petersbl
    petersbl
    Community Member

I also tried deleting the app and reinstalling with no success.

• Hi @petersbl‌

Do you have the Dropbox app installed on your device, and are you logged into that? If not, please try that.

• petersbl
    petersbl
    Community Member

yes, I have the Dropbox app (most recent version) installed and I have logged into that successfully with the correct password

• @petersbl‌

In that case 1Password should be doing the authentication through the Dropbox app... When you select Dropbox syncing you're asked for your Dropbox credentials in the 1Password app itself?

You should see this screen:

Ben

• petersbl
    petersbl
    Community Member

sorry, I do not see that screen. I'm not sure if you intended to show me an iPhone screen shot or if they are supposed to be the same. I'm having issues with my iPad. The app works fine on my phone. Since I reinstalled the iPad app, I'm starting from scratch. I select "Sync existing vault" I get the Syncing screen. I tap Sync with Dropbox. I then see my vault in dropbox. When I select it, the app asks for my password. It's at this point it tells me that the password is incorrect.

• petersbl
    petersbl
    Community Member

I'm sorry. I thought the app was asking for my Dropbox password. It finally dawned on me that it was asking for the vault password. I'm now fine. I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

• No worries. Thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.