No scrolling?

Options

The item list does not respond to track pad scrolling gestures, have to use only arrow keys. This is with the latest 5.0.2 version. Any fix for this?

Comments

• Meherally Mahmud Bhingraj
    Options

Hi Guys, will add a coda, Am I the only one having this issue?

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Meherally Mahmud Bhingraj‌,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us :smiley:

Yes indeed! You stumbled upon a bug. I just created an internal bug in our issue tracker and we'll fix it really soon.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Cheers!

ref: OPM-2643

• ebassily
    ebassily
    Community Member
    Options

The middle column in the main window (with the list of all items, logins, etc.) does not respond to up or down scrolling by the trackpad or the mouse. I'm running the latest version of 1Password on Mac OS 10.10.2 (beta), and my mac is a MacBook Pro Retina. i tried quitting and launching again, restarting the machine, and even removing the app and downloading it again, with no fix. Anyone knows a cure, or should I wait for the next update or upgrade to the app and hope that it might come with a fix?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It sounds to me like the bug acknowledged in this post.

Stephen

Options

Hi Rad, thanks for the response. Glad I stumbled upon it!

• Hi @Meherally Mahmud Bhingraj‌,

Are you using OS X 10.10.2 betas by any chance?

If you are, then this isn't a bug in 1Password but a bug in 10.10.2. We only found reports of this on 10.10.2 and nobody can reproduce it on 10.10.1 stable version. We'll file a bug report with Apple if it is not fixed in the next few betas as right now, 10.10.2 has a lot of issues with many apps. It is possible Apple will undo the change that broke this and that'll fix everything.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @ebassily‌ I've gone ahead and merged the two threads as this particular bug does seem to be isolated entirely in those brave users willing to play about with the 10.10.2 beta. Sorry we don't have a better response for you at the moment. I'm wondering if you have a backup you could use to return to 10.10.1 stable? Just a thought.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Leon Guan‌ Can you let us know exactly what version of the beta it's working okay with please. It's certainly something interesting I'm sure our devs would like to hear.

• Hi Leon,

Thanks for confirming that. We believe this issue occurs in any version of 1Password, and is caused by OS X 10.10.2.

Options

Hi MikeT, Yes, I am using 10.10.2 and based on comments from others seems the problem is with the OS I am using. Will file a bug report too and hopefully this will get resolves soon.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Meherally Mahmud Bhingraj

Thanks for confirming those details, and for offering to help raise the issue with Apple. I'm with you in hoping that it is resolved soon!

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

@Leon Guan‌, I confirm that scrolling is still not working with last nights developer seed of 10.10.2.

We'll take a closer look at the bug I filled last week to see whether there is something we can do about it on our end.

Best,

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Leon Guan

What about altering the following option? In System Preferences > General, setting the Show Scroll bars: radio button to Always.

I know it isn't brilliant but at least then you can drag the scroll bar. At least I hope anyway, it's hard to test as I don't run the beta.

• Hi @Leon Guan‌,

Apple can be slow to fix bugs, but in this case because it's a beta release of 10.10.2 and this issue affects a large number of apps from what I've heard, it's very very likely that Apple will fix it before they ship the final seed of 10.10.2 to end users. There hasn't been an official release date announced for 10.10.2 yet.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.