Failure to sync ios with dropbox

Options
jamieb
jamieb
Community Member

My new iphone (6plus) doesnt seem to be finding my dropbox 1password file. It performs a sync (it says), but new passwords created on my mac dont appear on my phone. Also on the setting/sync screen (on the phone), the screen jumps around a bit - the Items bar seems to move up and down once a second.

• Help!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jamieb‌

Sorry to hear about the trouble syncing. Please try this for me:

The devices whose secure notes do not appear in 1PasswordAnywhere are the culprits and will need to have sync disabled and reenabled.

Thanks!

• jamieb
    jamieb
    Community Member
    Options

This is bizarre! The only device of the 4 that I tested that seems to be syncing is my ipad! So where are all the other devices syncing to?

• jamieb
    jamieb
    Community Member
    Options

Which file should I tell my devices to sync to: the 1Password.html or !password.agilekeychain?

• jamieb
    jamieb
    Community Member
    Options

All devices are running 1Password5

• jamieb
    jamieb
    Community Member
    Options

I already disabled the sync on my iphone, macbook and imac since the ipad seemed to be the only one working
    Now what?
    Which file do I re-sync to the html file or the agilebits file

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jamieb‌,

When setting up Dropbox sync, you'll need to choose your .agilekeychain file (the iOS version of 1Password shouldn't show the 1Password.html file during the sync setup process).

On each device, 1Password needs to be syncing with the same .agilekeychain file in Dropbox. If the sync only seems to be working on your iPad, your other devices might be syncing with a different .agilekeychain file, or perhaps Dropbox sync isn't currently setup at all. Let's check to make sure Dropbox sync is enabled in 1Password on all devices:

On your Mac(s), open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences, then click the Sync tab. Does that show that it's syncing with Dropbox? If not, follow these steps to set up Dropbox sync.

On your iOS device(s), open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync. Does it show that the Sync Service is Dropbox? If not, follow these steps to set up Dropbox sync.

If Dropbox sync is already set up in 1Password on all devices, but the sync isn't working, follow these steps to make sure they're syncing with the same .agilekeychain file in Dropbox:

On each Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences
    • Click the Sync tab
    • Check the file path for the 1Password.agilekeychain file

On each iOS device:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Sync Service
    • Check the file path for the 1Password.agilekeychain file (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox)

If they are not all syncing with the same .agilekeychain file, you'll need to disable the sync, then set it up again and choose the correct keychain file.

Let us know how it goes and what you find, thanks!

• jamieb
    jamieb
    Community Member
    Options

So I seem to have gotten my phone and my ipad to sync. For my laptop and desktop if disallowed sync then went back in to re-establish it with dropbox. I did my best to ensure that they are all pointed at the same agile keychain (I searched dropbox and seem to have only one). Both computers now say NEVER SYNCED in the sync menu of the preferences. Hitting the sync button doesnt do anything. I tried logging out of 1password and re-entering but that didnt cause the machines to sync.
    Any other suggestions?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jamieb‌

I think we're at the point where we're going to need to see what is going on with your specific systems. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of your devices: https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the reports in will help us to keep an eye out for them. :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.