Android App Doesn't Recognize Windows License Key

Andrew Seidel
Andrew Seidel
Community Member

I have a license key for Windows 8. I recently purchased an Android device and downloaded the 1Password app for it. For some odd reason the app on Android says I need to buy premium features after my trial period is over in 23 days. I used the same exact gmail address for GooglePlay as I did to buy the Windows version. In fact, when I logged on to your website with my customer information with my Windows machine it actually shows that I downloaded the Android app via GooglePlay to my Samsung device. How can I get the 1Password app to see that I've already purchased it through Windows? Thank you.

Comments

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member

In fact, there's a license for each platform. Buying the Windows version doesn't automatically give you the premium features of the Android app.

You only need to purchase the premium features if you really need them. These are Add / Edit / Organize features. After the trial period, the app will turn into a reader basically, just like the old (discontinued) 1Password Reader app.

• As @J.M correctly pointed out, we license 1Password independently on each platform that we support. We do offer bundles where possible (for example, our Mac + Windows bundle), but we don't have a bundle that includes both desktop and mobile apps. Please let me know if you have any more questions about this.

• Andrew Seidel
    Andrew Seidel
    Community Member

Okay, thanks for the explanation. It's just a bummer because I've paid for this application 3 times already. It would be a kind gesture to let me use one of those licenses for my new android device since I'm no longer using my iPhone.

• victoriabrinsley
    victoriabrinsley
    Community Member

I too also got this on my device and it is now giving me exception. I have got something with Dropbox(obviously its secured logging).

• Hey Andrew! The purchase of the premium features is handled directly by Google's Play Store and is linked to your Google account. We also don't have access to promotional codes that would allow unlocking the premium features. I'm really sorry there isn't much we can do here. :(

• saad
    edited December 2014

Hey @victoriabrinsley‌. Sounds like there are some problems with sync. Could you report the sync error to our support team from within 1Password? We will take a look through it and let you know what we find out! Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.