Mac and iPhone do not sychronize

Options
Siebenschlaefer
Siebenschlaefer
Community Member

Since I got my new iPhone with iOS8 1Password on Mac and iPhone do not synchronize.
On Mac I use 1Password 4 Version 4.4.3 (443000).
On iPhone I do not know the Version, but the App-Store offers me an update.

What can I do?

Comments

• Caz
    Caz
    Community Member
    Options

This has become a total nightmare - I enabled iCloud Drive in error on my iPhone - I then waited for Yosemite.

• The Dropbox folder has been replaced by the iCloud Drive on Finder and there does not seem to be aSIMPLE one pager available through Agilebits about this iCloudKit - surely this should be available as my head is spinning with regard to successful syncing and I cannot continue using WiFi as I am not often near the MAC :( :'(
  • Siebenschlaefer
    Siebenschlaefer
    Community Member
    Options

I did not enable iCloud Drive because I have heard of the incompatibility of iCloud and iCloud Drive. I deactivated iCloud in 1Password on my iPhone and reactivated it but it did not help. On my iPad there is the same content in 1Password as on my Mac and on my iPad is still running iOS7. Can it be that 1Password under iOS8 cannot sychronize with 1Password on iOS7 or MacOS Maverick?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Caz:

there does not seem to be aSIMPLE one pager available through Agilebits about this iCloudKit

The iCloud FAQ

Stephen

• Siebenschlaefer
    Siebenschlaefer
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, Stephen, do I understand you well: In iOS8 there is a new iCloudKit and therefore 1Password4 on iOS8 cannot synchronize with 1Password4 on iOS7 and Maverick. Is it right?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Siebenschlaefer,

Can it be that 1Password under iOS8 cannot sychronize with 1Password on iOS7 or MacOS Maverick?

Yes, unfortunately that is correct. This is related to the major changes in iCloud that Apple introduced in iOS 8 and Mac OS X 10 (Yosemite). Please make sure you take a look at our iCloud FAQ if you haven't already done so, as that should answer many questions you might have about that.

In order to use iCloud sync in 1Password on all your devices, they need to be running iOS 8 or Yosemite, and 1Password 5 (please note you must have the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 for Mac in order to use iCloud sync).

Alternately, you can switch to Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync:

I'm sorry for any confusion about that! If you have more questions or need help, please let us know.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you upgraded to iCloud Drive when you installed iOS 8 this part of the linked page applies:

Turning on iCloud Drive “converts” your entire account to the new system. If you update one device, any devices which have not been updated will no longer be able to use iCloud sync—even amongst each other.

So the answer to your question is "yes" in those circumstances.

Stephen

• Siebenschlaefer
    Siebenschlaefer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. I have already planned to update the iPad and the Mac when I'm not so busy next days.

• Ben
    Options

Great. Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.